Friday, February 24, 2012

One of my first ah-ha moments was when I was in high school.  I had a friend who I felt was always lucky.  For example, we went to a concert and they were throwing t-shirts into the audience.  I was the type of person that would wait for that t-shirt to land in my hands.  After all, if it was meant to be, it was meant to be.  Ofcourse, my friend ended up catching the t-shirt and I went home empty handed thinking she was so lucky to have caught that t-shirt.

One day I saw a report on t.v. about people who are lucky.  As it turns out, people who we consider lucky are simply people who know what they want and go for it.  So as it turns out, my friend didn't catch that t-shirt out of fate.  She knew what she wanted, reached out for it and caught it. 

Pollyanna point: So next time you want something, don't wait around for it to land on your lap, get up and reach for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment